One of the most common questions that we get from our brides is: Should I go with mini calla lilies or large white calla lilies? Hopefully the above video will assist in giving you a visual of the right size calla lilies for your wedding, but if that’s not enough, here are a few bullet points:
Mini Calla Lilies
– Grow in all colors (except blue, sorry)
– Perfect size for bouquets, centerpieces, boutonnieres, corsages
– Stems are thin, about the diameter of a pencil or a straw and are flexible
– Although it depends a lot on personal opinion, we think that a bouquet of 15 to 20 mini calla lilies is perfect for bridesmaids and 20-30 for the bride. Some brides choose a minimalistic look of 5-7 mini calla lilies for the maids and 10-15 for the bridal bouquet, so its really a matter of choice. A bouquet of 40 mini callas is really the max though. Any more and it won’t fit into your hands!
Large Calla Lilies
– Grow only in the following colors: White, Green, Light Pink, Pink & White swirl
– Great for bouquets and centerpieces. A little on the large side for boutonnieres on corsages, although it can be done if you’re ok with larger body flowers!
– Stems are thick and sturdy, similar to celery stalk
– Our favorite bouquets for bridesmaids have 8-10 large callas and for brides 15-20. You won’t be able to comfortably hold more than 25 large calla lilies in a bouquet.
More questions? Just ask, we’re here to help!